Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday 7/23/10

Afternoon:

I had a session with Jordan. I learned more about how to stabilize my shoulders. I have really good shoulder flexibility, but at this point it will probably be advantageous for me to sacrifice a bit of that mobility to increase my stability.

Two handed swings 24kg - 1x10

Snatch test 24kg 3 min. - 66 reps

Pr for me in the 3 minute test and just the number of reps I was telling Jordan I wanted. On the downside my grip got a bit lazy at the end and I pulled the skin in my palm and got a little blood blister....and I was just telling Jordan how good my hands were holding up! LOL.

2 comments:

Faizal S. Enu said...

Don't think of flexibility and stability as separate. Stability is a strength issue (can you activate). Mobility issue is a movement issue.

Kai Johnson said...

Thanks Faizal. That makes sense. These are still concepts I'm learning about so my interpretation is no doubt off a bit.

Will you be attending the San Diego RKC this year?