Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thursday 3/3/11

Afternoon:

Deadlift - 135lbs 3x5, 160lbs 1x5, 190lbs 1x3, 210lbs 1x5, 240lbs 1x3, 270lbs 1x9

Back squat - 45lbs 3x5, 80lbs 5x10

Barbell curl 50lbs - 3x10

I feel stronger.

I'm doing curls to make my arms stronger. I used to think I didn't need to do them but some recent posts by Boris over at SquatRX and Zac Even Esh made me realize I didn't know what I was talking about.

Another reason for doing the curls is because of the tendinitis in my left elbow that I haven't been able to shake for over a year now. I'm doing some trigger point therapy on it with a lacrosse ball and I plan on doing curls to build strength in the joint. I do my curls with a slow eccentric and then back up at speed. I have heard from others with similar chronic tendinitis that this was effective in eventually healing the elbow.

Plus...(someday) I'll have some GUNS!

No comments: