Saturday, January 1, 2011

Saturday 1/1/11

Happy New Year!

I am going to transition next week into the Bear routine from Pavel's PTTP. I gave myself Friday off to give myself more recovery from what I could consider to be the end of a cycle.

The past year has actually been a very good one for me.

At the beginning of the year I was still recovering from my hip replacement and then my second knee scope surgery.

I earned my HKC in April and then my RKC in September.

I first pressed the 32kg bell early this year at about 220 lbs. Once my weight came down below 200 lbs and I couldn't do any overhead or one handed work (due to a torn finger tendon) I lost that press for a while.

I can press the 32kg bell more solidly than I could early this year now and at a lower bodyweight (208lbs compared to 220lbs). The 36kg bell should be pretty close at this point.

In short after last year I'm finally stronger than I was before my hip replacement. It took a lot of hard work and ego checking to get here. I'm not strong yet by any means but I'm closer and I feel the upcoming year will finally yield some decent pr's.

Here is to no injuries and productive training for a whole year! I can't imagine anything better than that.

No comments: