Saturday, December 13, 2008

Saturday 12/13/08

Afternoon:

5 sets of 20 hindu squats
5 sets of one handed swings 10+10 for 100 total.

5 ladders of 2 rungs C&P ladders with 24 kg alternating pullup ladders with 20 lb for all 5 ladders. The 2nd rung of the last 3 ladders I had to dip a bit on the left side to get it up. All were lowered slowly.

Did the swing/hindu squat portion of Dave Whitley's Brutal Minimalist Fitness routine. I had to break the first 3 sets of swings up into 40+10, 30+10 & 25+5. The whole thing was done in 16:30 approximately.

I have decided to really focus on swings after Jordan gave me tips on improving my hip drive and showed me that I was settling into doing just enough to perform the swing. Trying to make each swing, one or two handed, pop the bell up to shoulder height with my hip drive and keeping my upper body from going too horizontal made the intensity of my swings work me hard. That's a good thing.

If I'm going to be a snatching machine I better "own" my swings.

No comments: