Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saturday 7/18/09

Afternoon:

16kg bu presses 2x1/1, 20kg bu presses 2x1/1, 24kg bu presses 2x1/1 (pr)

Tgu - 20kg continuous reps 1x4/4, 4x1/1

24kg swings - 7 sets of 20 on the minute

The 24kg bu press pr snuck up on me. I don't believe I've ever been able to hit a 24kg bu press before, much less on each side. They felt heavy, but solid. I've really been trying to pay attention to my tension and my pressing groove lately. The grip work I've been doing with the sledgehammer levering and the farmers walks seems to help also. Stoked!

The swings are still tough, but my strength is coming back. Today it was in the 7th set that I started losing power in driving the bell up. I still need to get back a bit more consistently, but my form is feeling better each time. I'm working on making each rep correct. I know I'm on the right track because my glutes especially, but my hamstrings also are feeling it when I finish.

I was plugged in for this workout yesterday, but I was feeling lethargic so I put it off 'till today. It was a good workout.

No comments: