Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday 6/14/10

Morning:

Ring dips - 8x3

Afternoon:

TGU 16kg - 30 minutes continuous - about 13 or 14 per side

Max VO2 - 16kg bell 15/15 protocol - 50 sets of 7 reps

I lightened up my TGU and want to concentrate on perfect form first. I was having some aches in my right shoulder and realized that I must have allowed my arm to lean at some point and strained it a bit. I'll probably do one day later in the week with the heavier bell, but really focus on perfect get ups and not just try to do as many as I can. I'll keep this one lighter day with more volume and also concentrate on perfect form.

Good to snatch again. I started feeling a hot spot in my left hand because it's been a while since I was snatching and got lazy on my "hop" on the down swing. My bad. It was around set 40 and I should have stopped there but I had it in my head to at least hit 50 sets today. I got it but I should have stopped when I first felt the tug. Good to learn the lesson again this early though. Building up sets is more than just the strength and endurance to do the motions, it's making every part of the movement correct and that includes the little things.

On the plus side I was really getting a good pendulum feel and my hips were loading back nicely. All the swings I've been doing have really helped in that area.

No comments: