Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday 6/12/10

Morning:

Snatch test 24kg 3 min. - 55 reps

Snatch 28kg - 1x5/5

My first time testing my 24kg snatches in a while. I was hoping to hit 60 reps but based on his this felt 55 is definitely acceptable with a couple of months to go. I started with slow reps and I started sprinting at the end late. I still had good speed and strength when the beeper went off. I feel that I could have easily gotten the 60 with a couple of tweaks to my cadence to start and my sprint at the end. But it's not about guessing :).

First time ever snatching the 28kg bell. I want to get the feel for the heavier bell.

I think I'll change out one of my swing days to a VWC day. Two days of 32kg swings and VWC should work out well. I think I'll start some real low volume snatching with the 28kg bell during the week just to get used to it and gain some strength.

No comments: