Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wednesday 6/23/10

Morning:

Ring dips - 3x5

Afternoon:

Two handed swings 32kg - 5x10 (not timed)

Two handed swings 32kg - 9x15, 3x11 (on the minute) - 168 in 12 min

I probably could have hit the 10 sets of 15 but I opted to go down to 11 for the last sets. I did add two sets to make up for it with more total reps. Swings did feel stronger than last week though. I'm really starting to feel the synchronicity of the hips breaking back and just enough lats to keep the bell moving at the correct tempo.

I think I got to the bottom of the lower back fatigue I was feeling the last few days. I was mentally going over my Max VO2 workout on Monday and remembered that each snatch at the start of the sets wasn't really being hiked all the way back. Many of them were just kind of picked up and then snatched up without a proper hike.

My swings today I really focused on hitting the proper parts of the motion - hike back, breath in on the downstroke and tense glutes, lats and abs at the top. It seemed to work well.

No comments: