Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday 5/16/11

Afternoon:

Back squat - 70lbs 1x5, 90lbs 1x5, 110lbs 1x3, 135lbs 1x5, 155lbs 1x3, 170lbs 1x5

Double swings 2x 20kg - 5x10

A pr for squats done in my home gym in weight. I squatted 200lbs before in Jordan's studio before I had my hip replacement but have never gone above 165lbs in my own garage before this. I know how hilarious that might sound to stronger people, but it's been a tough road to get back to this point.

When I write out all the weights for the upcoming month I always look ahead to see what the AMRAP squat weights are going to be with some apprehension. I am getting used to more weight on me though and it really isn't bad at all when I get under the bar. 5/3/1 is pretty amazing in how it just keeps the weights you are using completely doable for a good margin of reps above the minimums even 4 months in. I'm hoping to go at least 2 more months without needing a reset. I'm pretty confident that will work out considering the progress all around so far.

No comments: