Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thursday 7/7/11

Afternoon:

Deadlift - 145lbs 3x5, 180lbs 1x5, 215lbs 1x3, 245lbs 1x3, 280lbs 1x3, 315lbs 1x3

Just the bare minimum today. I suspected things were off a bit when I started and that was confirmed once I started my set with 315lbs. I not only felt weak, my lower back especially felt sore and strained so I just hit the minimum reps required and then called it a day. I'm smart enough at this point not to try to push through it and end up tweaking myself unnecessarily. Not getting injured is the key...or rather one of the most important keys.

This was the first time I've been this fatigued in a while and I can attribute it to a few things (I'll spare any readers the excuses). The fact is I'm coming up on finishing 6 straight months of this routine based almost solely on building a base of size and strength. When I finish this month I'll be modifying my routine to focus more on conditioning and leaning out a touch while maintaining the strength I've built.

No comments: