Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday 11/15/08

Afternoon:

Jump rope 5 rounds of 2 minutes with 10 16 kg two handed swings in between rounds and after.

3 ladders of 5 rungs C&P ladders with 16 kg with pullup ladders 1, 2, 3 with 20 lb for 3 ladders. 2 ladders of 4 rungs C&P ladders with 16 kg with pullup ladders 1, 2 with 20 lb, 3 with bw.

Rolled the dice and did 9 minutes of swings with the 24 kg bell.

I didn't get a good count (again)....I'll work on that. Around 180 swings. I started with 2 sets of 25 and then 20 and then they started breaking down into smaller sets for a bit and then I got some more 20 rep sets in there. I was huffing and puffing no doubt.

Doing the pullup ladders like that (to 3) gave me a rest for a bit when I did the c&p rungs of 4 and 5. I still couldn't get a fourth ladder with the 20 lbs (yet) but my bw pullups felt like I was rocketing up to the bar. Hopefully next week I'll be able to do a fourth (or even fifth) ladder.

I felt my lats helping out on my presses for the first time today. I've been concentrating on getting my lats to kick in on presses for the last week and I felt them help press it up and pull it down. Good progress.

No comments: