Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tuesday 11/10/09

Bodyweight squats - 3x5

Hanging L-sits - 4x 15 seconds

Some sledgehammer work

I just got back from my one month follow up with my surgeon regarding my hip replacement surgery.

I was given the go-ahead to do what I feel like doing! Obviously there are some things I should not do for the rest of my life like jogging, etc. but I have the green light to start training again.

I've been thinking about what my weaknesses are and I feel like raw strength is something I'm missing. My cardio is strong when I hit it hard and I'm not weak, but considering my size I'd really like to spend some months on just developing raw strength.

I've been considering Power To The People and Starting Strength and I've decided to go the SS route for now. I'll probably start next week very light...possibly even from an empty bar on all lifts and just building up slowly and making sure my form is bulletproof.

Stoked!

The bodyweight squats kicked my ass.

No comments: