Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday 8/27/10 - RKC Day 1

I couldn't sleep at all last night because I was so jacked up for today. I kept going over the snatch test in my head and thinking that the day I was waiting for for almost two years had finally arrived.

I showed up a little early at the cert area so I could acclimatize a bit and meet some people. After the instructors meeting and the team leaders meetings we got to meet our team. We did the greeting and Pavel went over his expectations. Yoana Snideman ran us through a mobility complex to get us warmed up. The snatch test rules were explained, then we got in our groups and carried our snatch test bells out to the field.

For my snatch test I had 99 reps counted and on bringing the bell down to get my final rep (I had about 10 seconds on the clock) I dropped the bell! It was just a really surreal moment as I don't remember EVER having dropped a bell before. No excuses, but a night of no sleep and the farmers carry out to the field probably conspired to weaken my grip enough to cause that to happend. Even though it was pretty devastating at the moment I had to shake it off quickly as I had a whole weekend in front of me still.

We brought out the rest of the bells we would use for the day which for me was a 16kg and a 32kg in addition to the snatch (24kg) bell. We went over the goblet squat, the get up and (just before lunch) the swing.

The rest of the day involved lots of instruction for the swing and getup. This also meant we did a lot of swings and very slow getups with a workout at the end of the day.

This (at this point) felt like it had been the hardest day of physical exertion that I've had before. I ate a lot, chilled out and crashed early.

No comments: