Saturday, August 7, 2010

Saturday 8/7/10

Morning:

Snatch 16kg - 2x5/5

Snatch 24kg - 2x5/5

Snatch test 24kg 3 min. - 62 reps

I was experimenting with a new rep scheme. I've always done sets of 10 on my snatch tests. This time I'm thinking my first two sets for each arm will be 15 and that's what I did today. I started out a bit quick with 23 reps in the first minute and went a tad slow in the next set so my breath wouldn't get out of control. At the end when the beep went off I was ready to sprint and felt strong but I just timed it wrong.

I'm happy though. The two sets of 15 reps will eliminate a couple of hand switches and when I get the timing down it should work out real nicely. The way I feel right now the snatch test should be a slam dunk for me.

2 comments:

Faizal S. Enu said...

Personally, I feel that as long as you keep the bell up in the air, you CAN'T fail.

I would definitely look for longer sets. In the RKC snatch test, some are so strict with the "visibly" motionless thing that you can't snatch enough to get tired or fatigue your grip. Longer sets to start get more reps in early -- then just hold on and you will pass.

Kai Johnson said...

Thanks Faizal. That makes sense. I'm definitely confident about the snatch test at this point. Now I'd like to try to make it as short as possible and 4 sets each arm (15,15,10,10) should be a good way to go for me at my current level of strength.