Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday 8/28/10 - RKC Day 2

I spent time in my room loosening up and eating to get ready for the day. I had some pretty crazy DOMS going on but I was feeling tired but ready for more by the time I headed out to the facility that the event was being held.

I decided not to do my snatch test on this morning and that I would re-take it on Sunday. In hindsight this was a mistake.

We got together with out teams and went through joint mobility and then practice with swings, goblet squats and getups.

We received instruction this morning on the clean and then the press. This of course involved lots of cleans and pressing. Oh yeah...and lots of swings. In addition to that we had to "earn" our lunch with 150 swings with a bell heavier than your snatch weight (32kg for me). I was feeling fairly fatigued this morning to say the least.

After lunch we worked on the goblet squat and then moved onto the double kettlebell front squat. We practiced squats for a while and after a short break had a double kettlebell complex using cleans, presses and swings.

We then started working on the snatch. Lots of instruction and practice including overhead walks back and forth across the field.

We got a bit of a break when Master RKC Jeff O'Conner gave a speech on what the RKC means to him. Very cool and inspirational speech.

We finished up the day with a Max VO2 snatch workout. 20 minutes using the 15:15 protocol.

I thought Friday had been hard. The second day of the RKC was definitely harder and took a lot out of me.

No comments: