Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thursday 6/30/11

Afternoon:

Deadlift - 145lbs 3x5, 180lbs 1x5, 215lbs 1x3, 235lbs 1x5, 270lbs 1x5, 305lbs 1x8

Back squat - 100lbs 5x10

One handed swings 24kg - 5x5/5 (on the minute) 50 in 5 min.

The last two reps of my AMRAP set were pretty much at the limit and that last rep was probably the slowest to lockout ever for me. I had 8 reps planned because....I dunno...I got 8 reps with each of my other AMRAP sets this week and I guess I liked the symmetry of it. Getting at least one solid pr this week was something I wanted as well as my previous best with this weight was 6 reps.

I need to get my conditioning going. I'm going to start (gently) building up my swings again. I'm starting pretty light and with low reps to ease myself in. Originally I was going to be pushing the Prowler after my lower body days but....after my lifting it's just not easy to get myself to pack everything up, drive to where I can push it, set it up, etc. It would be another story if I could do at my house or right outside.

The swings will work fine though and I know exactly how to build up to longer sets. I'm planning on hitting the Prowler on Saturdays and doing some conditioning only on those days.

No comments: