Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday 6/26/09

Morning:

Pushups - 3x18

Afternoon:

Armstrong pullup program - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 4, 2

Max VO2 - 16kg bell 15/15 protocol - 36 sets of 7 reps

I had a tweak in my left wrist (that I've had two surgeries on) so I have left out grip specific stuff lately. I'm going to re-think how I add grip into my workouts for now as my two real goals are snatches and pullups at the moment. I believe that my wrist strength is a limiting factor right now so I may just do assistance exercises for a while with some bending and tearing gtg style. I'll play this one by ear.

Max VO2 I could have gone for more sets but my form was breaking down just a bit and I have plenty of time to ease into this. I'll do a 3 minute test with the 24kg bell tomorrow to see where I am there. 60 reps would be satisfactory at this point.

No comments: