Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wednesday 6/24/09

Morning:

Pushups - 3x18

Afternoon:

Armstrong pullup program - pullups 3x3, chinups 3x3, parallel grip pullups 3x3

20kg press - 4x5/5

20kg swings - 8 sets of 20 on the minute

Pullups felt great. Strong all the way through.

I was going to do tgu but I would have to put the dogs outside to do it and it was super hot. I just had them stay in the cool house and lay in their beds while I did some presses.

The swings went better than I thought. My wind is coming back pretty quickly. I'm going to shoot for 20 minutes of this and then start moving up bell sizes again.

I saw the doctor for my hip this morning. I do not have a torn labrum. They do not know why my hip is "clicking". It could be a tendon snapping over something or it could be extra fluid in the joint. My feeling is that it is a tendon moving over something that isn't shaped the way it should be. Because...

I do have avascular necrosis in the bone due to my past injury (crushed femur head) from about 4 years ago. The head of the femur is now partially collapsed and no longer "round". Due to this it is a "square peg in a round hole" as the doctor said. This is scraping away at the cartilage in the joint which is causing arthritis in my hip.

Based on my desired level of physical activity it sounds like my best option is a hip resurfacing. I'm changing insurance right now so there will be a delay in getting "fixed". At least I know what is going on and what I want to pursue to get better. I want this out of the way so I can do my rehab and get back to working without discomfort again.

No comments: