Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday 3/29/09

Morning:

Attended Mark Reifkind's Max VO2 workshop at Girya today. He explained how Max VO2 works and the changes it can make in your body.

We did the 6 minute cadence test and I hit 32 reps with the 16kg bell on the last minute so my cadence works out to be 8. After the test Mark had us do 25 sets with the cadence we came up with. At home I've been getting my sets in the 15 second time period by pulling the bell back down. After starting to read Kenneth Jay's book I realize how important it is to use that downward force in the Max VO2. Great time...Mark is a very nice guy and explains technical stuff pretty clearly.

I came home and went for a single set of pullups and got 12. Another 5 lbs and I should get 1 or 2 more I hope...I'm still about 190 lbs right now. Still...that ties my all time record for pullups that I hit 15 years ago....and I have much better form now with all pullups to the chest or neck.

No comments: