Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday 8/10/09

Afternoon:

C&P ladders - 20kg - 3 sets of 5 rungs

In the interest of both simplifying my routine and being a little bit more goal specific I will be doing ETK pressing ladders M/W/F instead of TGU and the pushups. I'm going to do light, medium and heavy days as spelled out in RTK. Wednesday and Friday I'm going to do 4 rungs. Next week I'll jump to 5 rungs and hopefully the week after that I'll start from the beginning with the 24kg bell.

But I was thinking about things I was doing that were complicating my routine and overlapping. My goal that I can current work on without anything getting in my way is my pressing....so I should do some pressing instead of tgu AND pushups. I'll work my swings hard as well. My elbow isn't too sore, but it is weak feeling. And even though I love doing them I'm going to ditch the hindu squats. The double bell front squats twice a week will be plenty. An effective routine is a simple one.

Just finished the summer quarter at Foothill College with two online courses: Concepts of Exercise Physiology for Fitness and Nutrition for Sports and Fitness. I got an A in each of course. I have the time now to invest in learning more about fitness...summer was tough because it was condensed into a six week quarter.

No comments: