Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday 8/13/09

Afternoon:

Circuit with double bells 20kg & 24kg alternating sides each set for 2 sets: double cleans 1x10, renegade rows 1x7/7, double clean to front squat 1x7

2 sets: double cleans 1x10, renegade rows 1x5/5, double clean to front squat 1x5

Moving up to 7 reps was tough...I backed off to 5 for the last 2 rounds.

I saw an orthopedic surgeon at Kaiser. He immediately recognized that I need a surgery after looking at an x-ray of my left hip. He did refer me to a surgeon that does hip resurfacing to talk about the likelihood that I could get a resurfacing instead of a replacement. I will find out more later, but the surgeon I saw today did not think a resurfacing would work as the bone on top of the femur is dead and I have three large screws that would need to be removed as well leaving the femur weak. It may end up being a full replacement. I'll know more in the beginning of September.

No comments: