Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tuesday 8/4/09

Morning:

Hindu squats - 90

Afternoon:

Pullups - bw ladders 4x 1,2,3,4,5 1x 1,2,3,4 2x 1,2,3 - 82 total

Kind of a bummer, but my left elbow was extremely sore and weak feeling after these pullups...looks like tennis elbow. My theory is that (Jordan had told me this before) that the snatches were hitting alot of the same areas that the pullups were. I think that with the volume of pullups I was doing as part of the Armstrong Pullup Program and possibly along with the snatching I was doing that I developed an overuse issue in my left elbow. I think it's clear that the APP was too much volume for me (at least for now) even though I was regularly getting stronger on it. In the future I think that Pavel's Fighter Pullup Plan may be a bit easier on me volume wise but that would most likely depend on the program I am using aside from pullups.

This is a setback for sure as...it looks like 3 weeks minimum without doing any aggravating exercise is recommended for recovery from tendonitis. Even though I couldn't deadlift I was still happy doing pullups and snatching.

Right now, I'm starting to wonder if I should move back into just a simple Program Minimum routine three days a week (M/W/F) and maybe add one or two simple movements on two days (T/Th). Dialing back from what I'm doing would be the smart decision.

No comments: