Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday 9/14/09

Morning:

Goblet squats 24kg - 2x5

Fighter pullups (towel grip) - 7, 6, 5, 4, 3

Afternoon:

Max VO2 - 16kg bell 15/15 protocol - 52 sets of 7 reps

Just to fill in some detail on what I'm doing...

I do the goblet squats in the morning not intending that I will get strong from it, but so that I practice the movement in the goblet squat often. I do Z-Health Neural Warmup just before the goblet squats and I do 10 rotations with a 4lb blacksmith hammer for each wrist as well. Sort of a morning tonic.

Pullups feel good. I was 190 this morning after my shake and two 16oz glasses of water. I was getting around 186 on Saturday, but per the advice of Faizal from the Dragon Door forums I had an overeating day on Sunday to help prevent my body from going into starvation mode. I feel strong and I'm getting really lean. I hope to be a solid 186 or so by next weekend.

No comments: