Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Saturday 9/26/09 - TSC

My results from the TSC are:

Deadlift: 315
Pullups: 12
24kg snatches in 5 minutes: 95

Jordan has a post on his blog including a video HERE.

The 315 deadlift felt really good. The higher rep, lighter weight deadlifts I have done to accomodate my bad hip seemed to do the job. I felt like I could have easily hit the weight I hit in April.

I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't hit that 13th pullup. My pullups were strong and Jordan commented that my form was great. He also pointed out that I did pretty good maintaining my pullups since I went up 20lbs in bodyweight and dropped back down again for the TSC.

I was just a bit disappointed that I couldn't break 100 reps in my 24kg snatch test. My hip and knee did not allow me to prepare the same way I did for April. My strength was actually pretty good to start...I hit 24 in the first minute which was the pace I wanted. By minute 3 I was breathing hard and at the end I actually had to set the bell down twice. It was my cardio that was weak.

Even though I was fighting with my hip and knee I felt that I learned a lot of good lessons about my training and especially how to implement my programming. I think I have a decent chance of competing in April and if I hit my recovery and post op training intelligently (operative word here) I can improve on the numbers I hit this TSC if not last Aprils.

No comments: