Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wednesday 9/9/09

Morning:

Goblet squats 24kg - 2x5

Fighter pullups (towel grip) - 5, 4, 3, 3, 2

Afternoon:

20kg bu press - 5x1/1

28kg press - 4x1/1 (except that on my left side I only made reps 1 & 3)

28kg swings - 15 sets of 10 on the minute - 150 reps in 15 minutes

My grip strength in the towel pullups is coming along so quickly it's ridiculous. Not even a hint of failing on all reps. I hung for a while at the end and would lower the last set of each rep very slowly. I'm going to bump up my ladders to 7 next week and keep up the towel grip.

The pressing I just wanted to use to maintain strength. The bu presses are good, the 28kg bell was obviously too much for me today on the left side. I should drop to the 24kg for perfect form singles or doubles next week.

Swings were good. As my weight drops I'm thinking that I need to make sure to not tear myself down. I'm going to drop the weight vest cardio in my routine now and just stay on two days VWC and one day of swings with two dl days and taper off for the TSC.

No comments: