Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wednesday 9/23/09

Afternoon:

Max VO2 - 16kg bell 15/15 protocol using VPP - 30 sets of 7 reps

gtg dips with 20lbs throughout the day - 6 sets of 4

gtg pullups with 20lbs throughout the day - 6 sets of 3

My technique is getting better already on the VPP. I could have gone on for longer, but I just wanted to get a good sweat and start breathing hard.

Since I haven't been swinging my knee is feeling better. I'm going to wait until my hip gets fixed and see if movement issues with my hip, etc. are creating a situation where my knee is not moving correctly. If it's something wrong with my knee (still!) then I need to get it fixed later.

I have a surgery date - October 12th, 2009 I will have surgery to get a full hip replacement on my left side. I have a bunch of appointments in the next few weeks, "hip" class, pre-op with my surgeon, pre-op with the anesthesia people. Everything is moving quickly now!

Did I say my last semi-hard day the other day? Apparently I lied.

No comments: