Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tuesday 9/1/09

Afternoon:

Lever block curls - 12.5 lbs a little farther out than midway - 3x5

Elliptical - Program 5 (out of 6) wearing 20lb weighted vest - 30 minutes

Double bell deadlifts 20kg & 24kg bells - 2x20

I picked up a pretty nice 40lb weighted vest on craigslist for $20. I've been looking for one and this was an awesome deal. I'm glad I took 20 lbs out for the elliptical as it really added a whole new dimension to it.

I'm simplifying things a bit more by taking out the loaded cleans on the variety days. I'm doing enough.

I met with a surgeon today to talk about options for my hip. Resurfacing is not an option, I need a full replacement. His name is Vladimir Khapchik...very straightforward, didn't lecture me and didn't talk down to me. His bio is pretty cool if you check the link.

I told him I wanted to go with him and lets do it as soon as possible. His scheduler will call me with a date for surgery. It looks like it will be this year for sure.

No comments: