Saturday, January 31, 2009

Friday 1/30/09

Afternoon:

5 minute snatch test - 24kg bell: 80 reps

Video of the test: Click here!

I took yesterday off to prepare for this. Jordan wanted me to come into his studio just for this since I would not get the best test doing this in the middle of a training session.

My initial goal months ago was to be able to hit 80 sets in April and here I went and got that number a few months earlier. Apparently Jordan was correct when he told me I should shoot for 100.

I definitely need to work on efficiency in my technique. The backswing needs to come back farther for more momentum, I need to rest a bit in the lockout, I need to really work on relaxing a bit and coordinating my breathing better.

Oh...and putting the bell down (which is something that I REALLY felt like I had to do a few times) is a BIG energy waster because getting that thing back up and in the mix again is tough when you're on your way to getting gassed. My worst attempts with the bell flopping back hard against my forearm came from each the times I put the bell down.

Good stuff though...I'm happy with my progress and feel I hit a milestone.

No comments: