Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday 1/10/09

Evening:

24 kg two handed swings 5 sets of 20 in 5 minutes

Deadlift - Deadlift - 3x3 190, 3x2 205, 3x1 215

Low volume pullups 5x5 with 10 lbs

Good workout. My deadlifts are feeling real strong so far - I don't need to alternate grip yet if I don't want to.

Pullups felt good also. I think I'll tweak my schedule a bit.

I'm going to try to really make some overall strength gains in the next month. I'm going to be squatting twice a week and deadlifting once along with the max vo2, heavy swings and pullups twice a week each. I'll be drinking a half gallon of milk a day and try to slowly gain until mid February or so and then I'll probably cut back on the squatting to once a week, stop drinking the extra milk, keep deadlifting hard and really work the max vo2 and pullups.

The plan is to be around 195 or so mid Febrary and then 180 - 185 at the time of the TSC in April which will be a big boost to my pullups. I'm feeling good about the path I'm on and so far no signs of overtraining.

No comments: